Required for January 2022
We are looking for:
• an innovative, creative and enthusiastic leader with a proven record of excellent primary practice, including EYFS
• the ability to celebrate and develop the learning of our diverse community and maintain our outstanding commitment to inclusion
• a leader with the ability to raise attainment, progress and engagement across the school, especially for our most vulnerable learners
• experience of successfully leading an aspect of teaching and learning
• experience of successfully teaching pupils with SEND
• knowledge of the SEND code of practice 2012
• the ability to manage and support pupils’ behaviour positively and effectively in line with our behaviour code and school ethos and have your own approaches based on research and practice
• the skill to facilitate, foster and nurture good communication within our school community.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Norbury School Offers:
• A well-being school where our own health and well-being is part of keeping pupils at the centre
• An exciting learning environment where challenging and engaging learning is a top priority
• Outstanding pupils who speak 54 languages from 50 countries and who are all keen to learn and explore further
• The chance to teach the International Primary Curriculum alongside the National Curriculum
• A supportive and inspiring team to grow with
• A school which is in the top 10% nationally for achievement and progress
• A Learning Hub for Safeguarding, where the child is at the centre of all that we do.
Employee Assistance Programme
This confidential programme, which is provided at no cost from the first day of employment, extends to employees and their families the confidential services of professional consultants and counsellors. Services are designed to address difficulties related to emotional concerns, relationships, substance abuse, and legal and financial concerns, while helping people to develop an action plan that offers real solutions to their problems. There is no cost to employees for this phone counselling and referral programme. Life management provides information on a wide variety of topics to help employees to juggle work and home priorities, including financial services, family care, assistance in coping with elderly relative and legal/consumer rights.